Part of the thrill of couponing for me is seeing what meals I can make out of the items I have around. At the moment I have an abundance of Maruchan noodles I picked up for free after sale and coupon and am always looking for new ways to use them. (P.S. I omitted the “cheese” seasoning packet and just used the noodles.) This is one of those recipes.
Pantry Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (bought for $1.99/lb=$3.24)
- pasta (FREE)
- cream of chicken soup ($0.08)
- large handful of carrots (~$0.26)
- 1/2 bag frozen peas ($0.50)
- 6 cups water
- seasonings of choice (I used chicken boullion, garlic powder and onion powder)
Total: $4.08 for 8 cups (this made enough for us to have leftovers at lunch!)
Boil water in a large pot. Add seasonings of choice and cream of chicken soup. Chop chicken breast into bite size pieces and place in boiling water. Add carrots. Boil about 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add noodles and peas. Boil 2-3 minutes or until noodles are tender then remove from heat. Serve with crusty bread if desired.