With all this talk about couponing, meal planning, and freezer cooking some asked to see an actual grocery shopping trip. This was a pretty “normal” week for me–shopping at CVS and Kroger with a few good coupon deals to stockpile, but mostly just stuff we needed.
Out of the ordinary was that I shopped at a local farm for produce this week and spent $21, which took me over the weekly budget. BUT, I bought a bushel of apples, lots of fresh corn on the cob, and peaches to freeze. I’ll plan to spend less on groceries next week to “balance” it out.
CVS Total: $1.43 The Carefree and the Milky Way were FREE after coupons. The Soft Scrub was $1 after coupon, and the ice cream was BOGO. I used ECB (extra care bucks) that I had earned last week to bring my out of pocket cost to $1.43.
Kroger Total: $48.52 Best Deals:
- Powerade: FREE
- Taco Seasoning: FREE
- Dial Handsoap: $0.18 each
- Gillette Shaving cream $0.26 each (donated to Ryan’s classroom for shaving cream spelling)
- Gillette Fusion Shave Gel: $0.58 each
- Pillsbury Biscuits $0.13 each
- Toaster Strudels (total splurge): $1 each (and earned 25 Box Tops to donate to school)
- Apples (farmer’s market) $0.30/lb (bought 40 pounds to make applesauce)
- Corn (farmer’s market): $0.20 an ear
- Watermelon (farmer’s market): $1
- Tomatoes: FREE (from our garden)