I first showed you these crafty felt blooms on my question jar:
And today we’re making them! I have two versions to show you. . . . To make both versions of these cute felty blooms you’ll need:
- Fabric (I used felt ’cause you know I love it!)
- hot glue gun (and glue!)
1. Start by cutting six to seven flower shapes. These DON’T need to be perfect, but if you are nervous about freehand cutting, make yourself a cardstock template to cut around.
2. Use a scrap of fabric to cut a small(ish) circle. Again, no perfection needed. This piece will not show.
3. Fold a flower shape in forths and snip off the end.
4. Squirt hot glue on the edge of the circle and place the folded flower (petals).
5. Rinse and repeat. . .
. . . until you’ve gone all the way around.
6. Fill the center with 2-3 more flower shapes. . .
. . . until your bloom is full.
Version two is easier because you just need to cut circles (and seriously, don’t worry about them being perfect!).
Then follow the same process as above.
Still very pretty!
Get creative and try different fabrics for different looks (shown with satin and burlap).
. . . Top a gift . . .
. . . Tie on a set of notecards. . .
. . . Decorate your tree . . .
. . . Pin on a sweater. . .
. . .clip in a sweet baby’s hair. . .
So many ideas. . . Can’t wait to see what ideas you come up with!