Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was one of my favorite musicals as a kid (therefore the Bible story of Joseph became a favorite!), and I was really excited to create this story set.
When my five-year-old asked recently, why do we read the scriptures, one of the things I told her is that the details in the ancient stories may be different, but we can still learn from them as the the challenges and feelings are the same today. The story of Joseph has many examples:
- Parents still love their children and want to shower them with precious gifts (colored coat).
- Siblings still experience jealously and fight.
- Dreams can still be a source of inspiration and vision.
- Sin (immorality, Potipher’s wife, etc. ) is something we all should continue to “flee” from.
- Hard work and honesty still reap prosperity.
- It’s still good to save for a rainy day (famine).
The Old Testament Scripture Story Set includes all the pieces you need to tell the story of Joseph from beginning to end (plus many other stories)! After downloading and printing, there are many things you can do with the story graphics, such as:
- Print on t-shirt transfer paper, iron onto sheets of felt, cut out, and use on a flannel board. (TUTORIAL)
- Print on cardstock, laminate, cut out, and place a magnet on the back. Use on the fridge, magnet board, or metal cookie sheet. (TUTORIAL)
- Print on cardstock, laminate, and glue to popsicle sticks for stick puppets.
- Print on cardstock, laminate, place a piece of rough velcro on the back. Stick to a flannel board.
- Create miniature shrinky dinks.
- Make a file folder game.